Friday 30 April 2010

Spring All Year Long


Isn't this just the happiest door? Wouldn't you love to come home to this every day...especially on those dark, cold, nasty days of Winter? What better door to see than one with such cheerful flowers! (I almost expect to hear a bee drifting around among the flowers!!) I love this door! It is so refreshing and warm and friendly. I would love for it to be my front door!!



I'm not sure of the era of this door... I don't believe that it is over 100 years old as its design suggests...but I could be wrong! It was certainly inspired by both the Art Deco and Art Nouveau periods, but those periods are often used for inspiration even today. I wish I could give you some precise information about this door, but at this time, I have nothing to tell you, however, I promise to update this post if I learn something. OK?

6 comments:

Remington said...

Oh my for different! I like it though. It would make me smile every time I saw it! Thanks for sharing.

Pat Tillett said...

cheery and beautiful...

Wanda..... said...

This door is a work of art! I love the sunflowers and stained glass, it even has a clock at the top and a sunrise at the bottom!
♥...Wanda

Malyss said...

Oh, I love it! it's incredibely funny and sunny, and so welcoming!My favorite!

My Mind's Eye said...

Yes indeed that would be a lovely door to come and go from each day. Such happy sunflowers,
Happy weekend,
Madi and Mom

James said...

For me this is one of the most memorable doors in Prague. It's beatiful and it's on a street called Hastalska. That's about all I know about it.