Thursday 15 April 2010

Simple, but Fresh



As you might imagine, I've become somewhat addicted to looking at and for doors. I see a door and my eyes wander over the whole thing then I ask myself how my heart feels about the door. If my heart likes it, I photograph it. All of the doors I have posted have gone through this routine. Sometimes the doors are fabulous; others are sad; others are unusual; while others are simple, but charming or lovely or any of a myriad of adjectives that could describe them. This is another of what I call 'Simple, but...' doors. I suppose I could also call them 'Simple and ....' doors.

I find the wood to be fresh and warm and inviting. The woodwork is well done without being overly complicated and the frame is also simple, but it, too has some character to it.

Finally, the door handle completes the picture with its delicate design that isn't too rich and in a material that a door handle should be made of - bronze (not aluminium!!).

3 comments:

Wanda..... said...

It may be simple, but I like the woodwork!

My Mind's Eye said...

Simply understated door.
We love it.
Madi and Mom

Remington said...

Beautiful!