Wednesday 28 April 2010

A Few of My Favourite Things...



OK, I know this is not the most exciting of doors, but it does look good, have a certain charm and deserves to be shared with you. I have a whole list of things that make me turn my head when it comes to doors...the top of the list is any Art Nouveau door, followed by natural wood doors, but then the list goes on without any specific order and can even get confusing when favourite features criss-cross each other (e.g. an Art Nouveau door with a fabulous arch).

Well, another favourite feature somewhere on that list is a door with a rounded or unusual shape. But even as I write that, I must admit that I have a certain love of the clean lines of a squared door...hmm..maybe I'm just too spoiled and want to have them all!! For you this is a cause for rejoicing because it means that if I have them all, then you have them all...or will, eventually!!

As you can see, today's door has a rounded shape...voila a criteria that it fulfilled to be shared with you...oh! and it is of a clear wood! I like the stone work around it as well (notice the way it was carved/etched). The wrought-iron work isn't terribly romantic or creative or old (nope, it is new), but since it doesn't take away from the door or it's frame, I won't complain.

6 comments:

Remington said...

Beautiful! Love the details!

Wanda..... said...

I never knew there were so many distinctive doors...the closeup of the carved stone looks soft, like a sponge.
♥...Wanda

Heather Baird said...

Beautiful!

Sunny said...

You have photographed an amazing collection of doors, I really enjoy seeing them. This one is really quite beautiful.
Sunny :)

Malyss said...

Strange, this half iron door that doubles the other door.It's like a sign with the eyes, you know, an inviting click!And I love the little details..

My Mind's Eye said...

I love all the textures on and around the door,
Madi and Mom