Friday 16 April 2010

An 'Emily' Door



And here we are, back to Friday so I thought I would show you another 'Emily' door (if you don't know who Emily is, please see my post of Friday 9 April). When you first see this door all by itself, you might think that it is quite big...but now look at it with Emily in front of it - remember, Emily is about 5 feet 3 inches tall.

Isn't it cute? This would definitely not be the door for a tall person! Well, at least one that has a tendency to forget to duck his head when passing through it!

The door isn't very ornate, but it does have a nice inlaid flower/star design and the wood is light and inviting. Finally, the door accessories pass my 'test'...they have character and to me that counts for a lot!

4 comments:

Remington said...

Very nice!

Wanda..... said...

I wonder, just why is it so small.

Malyss said...

I like this very simple door!
Thank to Emily to give the size!
Do you know some of those churches where the entrance door is very simple and small, to oblige people to bend while entering the church and to be humble ,and the door to get out is richly decorated?..

Cat, i'm leaving for around a week. I won't comment nor post.Take care of you!

My Mind's Eye said...

A munchkin door!!! I bet Emily likes this door it makes her feel tall. I love the inlaid star.
Madi and Mom