Thursday 4 March 2010

The Sideways Door



When I out walking and came across today's door, my first thought was that it is a sideways door....not, obviously, because the door is sideways, but because it is so narrow that in order to get through it you have to turn sideways!! At least if you are carrying something really big you could open the big doors.


If you've been following my blog much you have probably (and correctly) come to the conclusion that I love door 'accessories' so certainly you can imagine that I like this handle a lot.


And isn't that little peek hole/letter slot/'what's the secret password' hole great fun?


5 comments:

My Mind's Eye said...

Oh my word that is one thin door....but very interesting and intriguing too. Do you know what the purpose of the hardware with the slit?
Madi and Mom

Cat said...

Hey Madi and Mom...the 'hardware with the slit' as you call it is the element on the door that I find 'fun'...a combination mail slot and communication hole (so they don't have to open the door to just anyone!!

Malyss said...

It seems that this door has a lot of secrets to protect...I like the little door in the big one! But better be thin to get through!

James said...

Another very interesting door. The handle is really nice and the homemade looking slot thing is so cool. I think I'm going to have to buy more memory cards because now I'm going to be noticing door much more when I'm out taking pictures.

You guessed right about Google maps. :) I like to use it sometimes to figure things out about certain post locations. It's sort of like a puzzle game.

Thank very much for the wonderful compliments but I'm really just a beginner at photography. At this time last year I did really like taking pictures and I only did it on vactions out of obligation. I started my blog in mid march 2009 to encourage myself to take pictures while I was away from California. It didn't take long for me to fall in love with photography. :)

Frugality in other areas really helps support the photography and Europe habits. :)

Have a great day and if you ever have a door picture that has a reflection in it please feel free to join us on any weekend at Weekend Reflections.

My Mind's Eye said...

Very interesting....I guess the little holes are the communication part. What a very useful piece of hardware.
Madi and Mom