Thursday 18 March 2010

Ladies in Waiting

I don't know why, but I saw this door and the two naked ladies sitting there above it and I thought: 'what on earth are they waiting for?' The way they are sitting there under a sort of eve, makes it look as if they are waiting for the rain to stop, but surely at some time during the last 90 years the rain has stopped long enough for them to hop down and run home, or put on a dress or do whatever they set out to do when they left home.

You know, if I was one of those ladies, I would have hopped down from that roost a long time ago...at least to go take a look at the door below or to smack upside the head whoever it was that put the stickers on the windows and installed such an eyesore of a handle! (Note: the handle was so ugly I didn't even bother to take a close-up photo of it...absolute rubbish!!) I must say though that the rest of the door and especially the windows are fabulous. Granted, there is a bit of wear and tear to the door and it is in need of a cleaning and a coat of varnish, but the beveled glass that makes up the patchwork of windows is spectacular and the three etched windows above the door are endearing.

3 comments:

Wanda..... said...

It is a nice looking entrance, the glass is especially pretty, but the women are a little odd to me.

My Mind's Eye said...

I agree with you...what a lovely door with the beveled windows. I love how light reflects in beveled glass. I had a chuckle at the 'ladies in waiting'...maybe they are waiting for someone to bring them some clothes. HA!!
Hubby enjoyed the pictures of the Catherdral Tyn. He was surprised to see all the trees there now. He said in 1999 there were not trees.Madi and Mom

Malyss said...

oskar Krusina? was he the architect? the one who decided to sit two naked ladies above the door...They seem to be tchating together, and finding the time very long...