Saturday 20 February 2010

Sad Door Saturday



What a poor, old, sad door!! But it does have something to be happy about... it is one of the few doors that I have come across that is not on a busy street! In fact, when I want to take a nice, calming walk, this door is on my route because it is in a peaceful and inviting neighborhood. I have been by this door in every season and under all weather conditions and a couple of times I have even been lucky enough to have seen it when the door was slightly open so I can tell you that it leads directly into a courtyard. (FYI: All the doors I have shown here until today either open into a long hallway/corridor or directly into the building itself.) My imagination wants me to believe that there might even be a horse or two living behind this door!

I know I've said it before about another door, but I have a special place in my heart for this door, unfortunately, I think it's owner doesn't. I will continue to visit it...maybe some day I will discover that its owner has finally decided to give it the love and care that it deserves. If such is the case, I'll be sure to let you know.

(Click on the picture to see an enlarged version of it.)

No comments: